Some Observations about Powder and Primer Components

There have been supply issues here in Australia with ADI who produce Hodgdon powders. This is mainly affecting pistol and shotgun powders which are produced in a new plant that has been experiencing teething issues apparently. Added to that has been the usual Covid excuses. This has been coupled with logistics issues since TNT decided on a whim to cease transporting firearms and ammunition, powder, etc. Another company, Northline followed suit shortly thereafter. So supplies here have been affected quite badly. ADI claim that they don't export Australian made powders but they do supply the ADF with ammunition, so I'm sure a lot of their inventory is directed to that. I believe Hodgdon powders for the north American market are produced in Canada, or so I believe.
All the information Ive seen is that ADI makes Hodgdons powders in Australia, they are shipped here in bulk, packaged here and distributed here by Hodgdons. Im surprised by what you are saying.

All the information Ive seen is that ADI makes Hodgdons powders in Australia, they are shipped here in bulk, packaged here and distributed here by Hodgdons. Im surprised by what you are saying.
That was simply my understanding based on what I have been led to believe by ADI. Maybe they meant that they don't export packaged products but rather export in bulk as you say? That said, I would have thought transporting bulk powder across oceans would be a little challenging, given their propensity to absorb moisture.

That was simply my understanding based on what I have been led to believe by ADI. Maybe they meant that they don't export packaged products but rather export in bulk as you say? That said, I would have thought transporting bulk powder across oceans would be a little challenging, given their propensity to absorb moisture.
Yep, Im sure its packed in plastic lined barrels or something.

All the Hodgdons powder jugs here say made in Australia, packaged and distributed in USA.

Going to have to be Johnny on the Spot. I was changing so app in my Lab Top back and didn't understand all of it. I missed 8lbs of H1000, and I still kick myself. One thing is for sure you just can't get on the net order out powder anymore. There some, but not what I am and others are looking for. So off to the races.

Going to have to be Johnny on the Spot. I was changing so app in my Lab Top back and didn't understand all of it. I missed 8lbs of H1000, and I still kick myself. One thing is for sure you just can't get on the net order out powder anymore. There some, but not what I am and others are looking for. So off to the races.
Yes, I had to update my on line update requests with reachable powder distribution centers. I also missed by 10 minutes some h1000 but it was very minimal when I called and asked. I think it was only a few one pound canisters. I did get an order of n570. But the fairy dust for me has been h1000, rl19, but I haven't had any replies from said companies since the first of the year. Waiting watching.

I heard today from a buddy in Texas today that OL Joe, has put more sanctions on the US Oil and Gas Industry than he has put on
the Russian Oil and Gas industry. If we don't hit him with $10 oil, he's just going to spend our billions to attack us and everyone else.

We bought 230 million barrels of oil from Russia in 2021. We are still even at this moment buying/importing 600,000 barrels of oil daily. Sending all the money to Putin to pay for war on us and our allies. The USA was energy independent --no imported oil at all in 2019 and 2020.

It would be funny if it was not true......Meanwhile Putin is threatening France in particular, and other countries who are supplying arms and fuel to Ukraine, like Finland and Sweden. This really could morph into WWIII.

Europe and Eastern Europe seem to be a caldron/stirring pot of a place to start these wars that spread across continents.

Policy matters.

I heard today from a buddy in Texas today that OL Joe, has put more sanctions on the US Oil and Gas Industry than he has put on
the Russian Oil and Gas industry. If we don't hit him with $10 oil, he's just going to spend our billions to attack us and everyone else.

We bought 230 million barrels of oil from Russia in 2021. We are still even at this moment buying/importing 600,000 barrels of oil daily. Sending all the money to Putin to pay for war on us and our allies. The USA was energy independent --no imported oil at all in 2019 and 2020.

It would be funny if it was not true......Meanwhile Putin is threatening France in particular, and other countries who are supplying arms and fuel to Ukraine, like Finland and Sweden. This really could morph into WWIII.

Europe and Eastern Europe seem to be a caldron/stirring pot of a place to start these wars that spread across continents.

Policy matters.
You're right but we better cut it off there or we're going well beyond our limit of discussing politics only as they relate to hunting/gun rights etc.

This will suck up some primers, brass, powder, and bullets.

Cant say Im not for it though.

Just cant tell if its 7.62 x 51 mm
.308 or if its 7.62 × 39 mm the AK 47 round?

Send more than blankets and even stingers and javelins.

They will need beans and bullets for a long time insurgency.

I hope they make this Putin's Waterloo. One bridge too far.

Policy matters.
Ever play the board game called Risk? There, being Ukraine, and Eastern Europe as well as Alaska is where all the wars start.

This will suck up some primers, brass, powder, and bullets.

Cant say Im not for it though.

Just cant tell if its 7.62 x 51 mm
.308 or if its 7.62 × 39 mm the AK 47 round?

Send more than blankets and even stingers and javelins.

They will need beans and bullets for a long time insurgency.

I hope they make this Putin's Waterloo. One bridge too far.
ITAR is going to get in his way. If he wants to send ammo he'll have to buy it in Europe and have it delivered to Ukraine.

All of this ammo from Manitowoc Wi. is now already in Europe per Fox News Special. This factory can spit out 750,000 rounds per day.....

There should NEVER be an ammo shortage. NEVER

All of this ammo from Manitowoc Wi. is now already in Europe per Fox News Special. This factory can spit out 750,000 rounds per day.....

There should NEVER be an ammo shortage. NEVER
750,000 rounds doesn't go very far spread between over 300 million gun owners along with gov't agencies that use and hoard ammo.

Only about 100 million gunowners in USA, yes lots more guns but only about 100 million owners.

750,000 rounds is daily output of 1 factory by itself.

We make like 7 to 9 billion rounds per year in this country.

Billions.....