Soldier's Rifle Quest

RT, thanks! That is great news.

An update on the rifle. Carl from ASI said the gun printed .75 MOA on the test target that comes with the rifle. He said that was with 55gr FMJ, so either it just likes cheaper ammo, and/or it will shoot the 50gr V-Max's great! I hope its the latter to be honest.

If it'll shoot cheap ole fmj at one moa it'll shoot the good stuff one ragged whole, congrats on a build well chosen. Keep you head down and your weapon ready, i recently return from trashcanistan myself and can honestly say it's a dump...lol We were up around BAF a few times but stayed out in the **** most of the time over there. Leave will be over way too fast so enjoy your time at home and the girl will be fine, your dad and your dog deff need more of your time than her... Or maybe that's why my dad and dog are still around mine has moved on to greener pastures, either way if she can't handle you spending more time with your family than her there's one out there who can

LOL, DB0006, I just told the 1SG your name for the stan and he liked it. He's gonna use it. Thanks.

I'll let you all know how the shootin goes.

Firstly thanks for your service! My Son is on his way out of there we speak. He is with the 1st and was outside Herat. Should be in KS on the 27th, my Birthday!

Carl put a Harmonic Balancer, and all the bells and whistles, on my early(pre-ranch) Mini and with 69 gr. Nosler CC and Varget it's MOA out to 200 yds. I say good choice! Let us know how it works out for you and return safely. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I loved the fiocchi 40 and 52 grain v-max rounds in my savage bolt gun...one hole at 200 yards with both( thought i was Missin but wasn't) and I don't blame ya a bit on gettin the f*** away from the ar platform, I only spent 10 weeks in ft Benning and 9 weeks in fort lost in the woods and man they are a turd to clean, week ten in ft Benning all I did from mornin pt till lights out was clean prior cycles m16s( its amazing the places sand gets in a basic training rifle)...hurt my back twice n got out..could care less if I never clean another one....

Mr. M, my thanks to you and your son for his service and your support. Carl is such a nice guy and very pro-military. He thanked me multiple times for my service and well. He does amazing work and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

CJ, bummer about tha back. I've spent a lot of time at Ft Wood and even more time cleaning ARs. Very accurate but a huge PITA to clean. I don't like bashing them at all, and don't mean to. I just prefer not to have to clean them.

Just read this on the custom Mini..:cool:
Great choice as far as I am concerned...
Now,

What sight set up did you choose?
Iron sights?

I would love one done with very robust ,repeatable iron sights/Peeps.
What was is your chamber choice pick?

After the cataract surgery I can see very well and would enjoy some type of peep set up on these.
by the way I have one as well......Custom used to be mini....
Done by Carl a while back..

Definatly spend the time with your Father.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.