New rifle

It was a balmy 28 this morning with very little wind, figured since I was sighting in a new load for my 7mag I'd bring the little Ruger along and shoot her a few more times. The largest group here was shot by a friend of mine, she's only fired a rifle a hand full of times and turned out several really good groups. The best groups were once again with the 58gr v-max and the one pic that looks like only two shots shocked me there are actually 3 in that group with two through the same hole. Awesome for this little gun. To this point I've tuned the trigger to around 2.5-3lb my scale isn't working for some reason and I've done nothing to the bore of this rifle, no bore snake and no solvent or anything. After this range trip I ran hoppes elite bore cleaner and used rem oil to wipe everything down with I also ran a patch soaked in it too. Can't get over the way she shoots, we can safely say she's broken in and ready to rock.

PS another buddy bought a savage 111 at sportsmans wharehouse with a cheap o bushnell scope on it the trigger is complete garbage and it won't group like little blackie. Shoot straight and happy hunting.

Attachments

• IMAG0265.jpg
    IMAG0265.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMAG0266.jpg
    IMAG0266.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMAG0267.jpg
    IMAG0267.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 81
The 80gr fed I've shot group two really well and the third is almost a flier every time it's scary repeatable... Two touching the third usually to the left and high, or low and right, my friend was doing the same thing. The cheap ole Remington corlokt grouped right around an inch nothing to brag about.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.