• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED *SOLD* Custom Savage 110 .22-243AI

scootergisme

- Action trued and timed by Fred Moreo of Sharp Shooter Supply (SSS).
- 27" Douglas 1:7 twist, varmint contour, bead blasted stainless steel chambered in .22-243 Ackley Improved with a threaded Harrell's spiral port muzzle brake. Less than 500 rounds down the tube. Recoil is virtually not existent, SERIOUSLY!!! SSS installed and headspaced the barrel.
- 28" Criterion 1:8 twist, bull barrel, polished stainless steel in .260 Remington. It has a match chamber, i.e. - it is has a long throat for bullets similar to the Berger 140 grain VLD. It is brand new and never fired. I bought it from Jim Briggs at Northland Shooters Supply.
- SSS LVT (Laminate Varmint Tactical) stock with accessory rail, bipod boss, adjustable cheek piece, and butt hook. SSS calls it black, it is actually more like a pepper laminate stock. It is pillar bedded and SSS skim glass bedded it.
- SSS bolt head.
- SSS BT style bolt handle.
- SSS metal trigger guard.
- SSS recoil lug.
- SSS trued the barrel nut.
- Rifle Basix model 2 trigger.
- Score High single shot follower.
- Ken Farrell 20 MOA scope mount rail.
- Ken Farrell 30mm low rings.
- Leupold VX-III 8.5-25x50 Long Range scope with varmint hunter reticle. It is Leupold model 57185. I have the box for the scope. It has an Alumina 2.5"- 50mm lens shade and Alumina flip-back lens covers.
- RCBS .22-243 AI two piece die set.
- 200 pieces of fire formed Lapua brass.

I bought the gun from a guy on this site;
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f25/sharp-shooter-supply-built-22-243ai-lefty-110-a-109455/. I sanded the stock and had a professional paint and body guy shoot it with clear coat. He used almost a quart of clear coat on it by shooting the clear and then wet sanding. It turned out awesome and appears to be encased in glass! I installed the accessory rail correctly and got a bipod boss. My gunsmith, Dave McClain at Makool Firearms, installed a Harrell's spiral port muzzle brake and bead blasted the brake and barrel to match. He inspected the throat and bore and said it was in great shape. I verified the work done on the rifle with SSS. They sent me an invoice for $1,371.25 showing the work that was done in 2009. I still have the invoice. I shot 43 of the loaded rounds that came with the gun. It is a LEFT handed rifle that I shot right handed and worked the bolt with my left hand which allowed me to keep a consistent cheek weld, grip, shoulder placement, and then place my left hand back into the butt hook. This works very well for eliminating a lot of human error. It can be shot as a repeater or single shot. It is currently set up as a repeater, but it comes with another magazine well with the single shot follower installed over a styrofoam plug in the magazine well. Also, I could watch the rounds impact the target as there was virtually zero recoil. The rounds appeared to be loaded with 90 grain Berger VLDs over 46.1 grains of Retumbo with a COAL of 2.875" in Lapua brass. It grouped very well, probably sub .25 moa (I didn't measure the groups sizes or chronograph the velocity). I was going to get serious with testing the rifle and then I had to have back surgery in October of 2012. The bone fusion failed and I had another back surgery October of 2013. Thus far, it seems to be failing too and medical bills are piling up. Therefore, I need to sell this rifle. It comes with 15 rounds of the Berger 90 grain VLDs and 45 rounds loaded with 60 grain V-Maxs, which were used in the previous owner's fire forming recipe. Total, I have $2,700 in this rifle. If you allow $300 for a Savage 110 action, the total cost for this rifle today as seen and described with all of the gunsmith work and the brass and dies would be over $3,800. Please check the websites and do the math. I am asking $2,700 plus actual shipping cost and your FFL must accept firearms from individuals. I am firm on the price. The bipod, monopod, and rests do not come with the rifle. Thanks for looking! Scott

Attachments

• IMG_1523.jpg
    IMG_1523.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1526.jpg
    IMG_1526.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1528.jpg
    IMG_1528.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1530.jpg
    IMG_1530.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1531.jpg
    IMG_1531.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 14
Re: Custom Savage 110 .22-243AI & .260 Rem

Free bump for two extremely nice rifles.

This is a very versatile rifle! It can be shot right or left handed. It can be shot off a bench or in the field with a bipod. Changing barrels is very easy and offers very many cartridge choices. It can be shot single shot or as a repeater. It has an adjustable cheek piece. If you are a person of options, this is a rifle for you!!!

Hey gang I've recently dealt with Scooter on some gun parts and I can tell you he represents what he has accurately. Buy with confidence!

It got in the 50s today here in northeast Oklahoma today so my friend and I decided to shoot the remaining 60 rounds today (you can check our weather on the internet). We had wind gusts up to 30 mph from the west/northwest and at my range here at the house we shoot from the south to the north. The 45 rounds that still had to be fireformed shot amazingly well. Especially with the wind gusts. We shot three, 5 shot groups at 100 yards with the 15 rounds that were loaded with the Berger 90 gr. VLDs. The groups measured .414", .332", and .295" (remember the wind!). I have already resized all 200 pieces of brass and have them in the tumbler now.

All 200 pieces of Lapua brass have been worked and cleaned. They are ready to be reloaded!

Say, "Hey Scooter, I will take it" and it is yours. After you pay of course.

I have decided to keep the scope, rings, and .260 Rem barrel. $1500 plus shipping. Your FFL must take from an individual. Thanks, Scott