243AI Savage custom

Discussion in 'Guns For Sale' started by dragman, Apr 13, 2012.

1. dragman

dragman Well-Known Member

I bought this off of a friend of mine because of how great it shot and I was in a pinch. He bought it new from a local gunsmith and never fired it and I got it from him today thinking I wasn't going to have my second gun ready for the season and 2 hours later I get the call it will be ready! Gun comes with 20 loaded rounds and a test target that shows a ragged hole @ 100 yards. Gun has 46 rounds through her from what the builder said. Gun does have some flaws that I don't like thats why I am keeping the price reasonable. It is a savage duel port action and a shilen select barrel. The rig is set up with an aluminum block for tracking on a 3" rest. Some of the flaws I will point out so that you can see what I mean in the picture:
    -recoil pad fit needs some work
    -Rear screw for trigger is missing (three screw target action so it's not nessesary but to hold trigger gaurd)
    -barrel has a tapered contour and right after the action there is a small hump
    The gun is a shooter I am sure as I have another friend who has a 243AI built by the same Smith with the same reamer and it is an awesome shooter.
    asking $900 shipped to your FFL O.B.O

Attached Files:

2. dragman

minus a couple of small flaws this rifle is a steal and I know it is gonna be a shooter!!! possible partial trades and price is OBO. thanks. rings and bases pictured stay with the gun

3. dragman

$850 obo.

4. dragman

barrel is 28" and tappers too .700 at muzzle

Attached Files:

5. longrangeshooter1

longrangeshooter1 Well-Known Member

Guys dragman is a great guy to deal with.

6. HANDLER

HANDLER Well-Known Member

your missin your nut,,,lol

7. dragman

Thanks guys price is negotiable

8. dragman

sold