Software?????

lerch

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
I just bought Nikon D80 and i am wanting to get some editing software. Any opinions?? I am wanting to try my hand at nature and landscape photography.

thanks
steve

Great choice of gear. Get Photoshop CS3 (think Nightforce quality) if you don't mind the price. Or Photoshop Elements for less cost.

Dang Len!!!!!!!!

I mean honestly!!!! you have to take the exact same sales speech I use for NF scopes and throw it back on me!!! thats cold man :D

I am buying the camera from my cousin who does photography for kids and couples and what not, well she is going MAC and was MS and she is trying to sell me her software (PS CS3) but dang after the camera i just dont wanna spend the money

guess i might just have to bite the bullet

Well Roy the college thing aint passing no more. I graduated 5 yrs ago and my old ID doesnt fly with the new scares and good old OK weathering. But i might give it a try at the local community college, i still got my old ID. only problem is i didnt shave back then

why you gotta make me feel old, the big 30 is creeping up and i dont need any reminders LOL

Hi,

Just use ANY ADOBE PHOTOSHOP from 6, 7, 8, CS3.
All will do the job. You can get Plugins (special effects) for Photoshop and your life will be much better.
Bottom line: just for editing photos - Adobe Photoshop - THE BEST.

Dang Len!!!!!!!!

but dang after the camera i just dont wanna spend the money

Here's an option. It's not photoshop but it will get the job done and it's free. It will do most major photo editing tasks. It runs on windows only though. If you have a newer mac, and have BootCamp installed, you'll be able to use it.

Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing

A little late but if you have found nothing this may help

I use Photoshop CS2 today but started out with an editing program called Paint Shop Pro. I think full version is about 70 bucks and I think its now owned by Corel. Very good program if money is tight. All the editing programs are basically the same so what you learn in one can be carried over pretty much to another.
Corel Corporation

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.