SOE Nightforce NXS Reticle Power Conversion Table`

triggerfifty

Member Rated:
posted October 07, 2006 12:27
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Shooters,

I've been getting requests for a table that I did for the 5.5 - 22X NXS scopes using mil dot or MLR reticle patterns.

As you all know, at high power, the reticle is fully correct, or 1 MIL = 1 MIL. At 11 power, or half full power, the value of the mils is DOUBLE.

Click on the SOE homepage link and you'll see a link titled:

"FREE DOWNLOAD: NXS RETICLE CONVERSION TABLE"

Click on that link and you'll be given the option to view or save. Do either. It's in MS Word, and is very helpful.

Enjoy

SOE Night Force Homepage and Power Conversion Download Link

The Nightforce ExBall ballistics program will do this for you under options and Ballistics Reticle Analisis

Triggerfifty

Dean, No disrespect intended I just can't see why use mils anymore.
maybe you can explain the benifits of the mils to us.
Sure have injoyed your book and all the info you share.

Why would anyone use mils?
MOA is way more "common sence" useful.
The NPR2 all the way!!

CAM

Yeah, it can do that, if only the program had the long range precision to USE the capability. Nice program for a basic G1 BC curve though. If only BC values were a flat line and not a curve, more like a sine wave.

Respectfully,

UMC..... ??? Of course, I could just remove the link for that free bit of info. Some people figure the world is for free /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Triggerfifty
That sure looks like a GREAT BIPOD!
The link is good info.
Do you think the trend for scopes is leaning toward MOA or do you think the mil reticle is the best option?
The world is far from free!!
Looks like your free clinic was succesfull!!
CAM

Cam, easy answer to your question......mils to be used by those used to the metric system /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Best deal is to be consistent....range in meters/ mil adjustments/mil reticle; or go to the moa adjustment/moa reticle/ yards....both make sense but you will have a very slight discordance in moa/inches/yards that does not happen with the mil/meters. I guess it´s insignificant however.

Thanks älg

Good answer!
The metric system is better than english units!
Its been a very long slow process and all we have now is both systems.

If the correction is found in MOA then you have to convert it to your Metric/English unit.

If the MOA is on the scope no need to convert to Inches or mils.

Look at your drop chart or plug your numbers into a palm find the MOA needed set it on the scope, or just use the MOA reticle! (NO converting to any unit)

I agree best deal is to be consistant!
To each his own, I'm old school and don't use metric much.
I don't even like to convert to inches unless I have too.

as far as ranging the MOA it close to inches and my brain just thinks that way! when I look at an elk I think 30" chest or a deer I think 20" chest. If I was converting it to metric the deer or elk would die of old age.

The chart is useful for SFP scopes of any reticle.
I've used exbul program to mess with the subtention but just use 22, 11, or 5.5 because, You just keep it in your head 2MOA@22, 4MOA@11, and [email protected]. Its worked for me for 5 or 6 years.

Thanks CAM

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.