Smith and Wesson Performance Center 44 Mag Hunter has 2 SA cocking points!!!?????I

Albritton

6592E565-7402-4A9B-89B9-BE49CE02D581.jpeg
This new S&W PC MODEL 629 44 Mag Hunter has two single action cocking positions. Hammer will "cock" at 1/8" short of full cock and second cocking point is at full rearword cock of hammer.
Each position is firm and solid, and cannot be pushed forward or bounced out of position!
First cocking point is 3.1 lbs pull and second is 4 lb pull. Is this a "feature" or a problem?
Does anybody have any idea what's up with this Smith?

Contacted SMITH and I was told that the sear is out of spec. Told me sear is to long and to send it back and wait 5 to six weeks to fix something that should never had gotten past QC department. I mean all they had to do was cock the **** thing once before shipping it. GRRRRRRRR Just called our local certified Smith Gunsmith and he told me he can fix it inside of week. I will spend the money and get it fixed before I will send it back to a place that I already don,t trust.
Thanks for all the responses................Shoulda bought the Ruger SRH.

Smith and Wesson was wrong, problem was where hammer tail and trigger ar meet to SA cock. Full explanation on my identical thread in DEER HUNTING FORUM.

Contacted SMITH and I was told that the sear is out of spec. Told me sear is to long and to send it back and wait 5 to six weeks to fix something that should never had gotten past QC department. I mean all they had to do was cock the ---- thing once before shipping it. GRRRRRRRR Just called our local certified Smith Gunsmith and he told me he can fix it inside of week. I will spend the money and get it fixed before I will send it back to a place that I already don,t trust.
Thanks for all the responses................Shoulda bought the Ruger SRH.
Lemons in every product line.

I had to return a Ruger SBH that had the trigger pull of a DA revolver.

Ruger did provide a prepaid shipping label and kept in constant email contact concerning arrival, work and return shipping.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.