SilencerCo service *Update* Fixed

ShootnMathews

So I decided to start a new thread on this so people don't have to read the whole old thread to see the outcome, and so that if someone later down the road searches for SilencerCo service they may find answers here. I'll just post updates on this post as it happens.

This is regarding my Omega 300 that I just picked up that had the endcap that didn't line up with the baffles. In short if you look down the suppressor the end cap is not in alignment with the baffles.

IMG_6578.jpeg
Baffles line up perfect on a bore alignment rod.
IMG_6576.jpeg

The end cap/anchor brake is almost touching the rod. It's so close I have not even fired the suppressor.

First route I went was going back to the dealer. He looked it over and tried different mounts and different end caps and ultimately agreed with me that the threads in the end of the main tube are not straight. He took pictures and wrote an email to his sales rep and included myself in it so I would see replies and updates. About 5 hours passed with no reply and I was home fixing dinner and thought there is nothing lost if I just call them. Now, full disclosure I figured I'd set on hold until I was done with dinner and hang up. I was actually left speechless and unprepared when the phone rang twice and a support person answered. Once I collected myself I described to him everything that was going on and he said to send an email to an address with pictures (the same ones included in this post) and he would forward them to the tech guys to review. And I said I would send them as soon as we hang up. And I did. To my surprise once again my phone rang about 2 minutes later and it was the support guy. He said he received my pictures and did not even need the tech guys to look at them to see something was not right. He send me an email with the information to fill out and said he'd send me a label right away to return it for examination.

So right now I'm awaiting the label and then we'll see how that goes. I'll update more as the things happen and see what the outcome is.

Very sucky to have a problem with something that you have to wait forever to get, but sounds like they're stepping up for you. Hopefully they can repair the tube you have and it goes quickly.

I've never thought to check for this when the can first arrives to my dealer on a Form 3, but I might have to start. 👍 I had an issue with a SiCo can once and experience was similar to yours - emailed pics, talked w/ tech guy, got it solved.

Very sucky to have a problem with something that you have to wait forever to get, but sounds like they're stepping up for you. Hopefully they can repair the tube you have and it goes quickly.

I've never thought to check for this when the can first arrives to my dealer on a Form 3, but I might have to start. 👍 I had an issue with a SiCo can once and experience was similar to yours - emailed pics, talked w/ tech guy, got it solved.
To be honest if I buy any more silencers I will definitely take a rifle and an alignment rod and check the suppressor out before I even buy it. Had I know more at the time and done that I would have simply said I don't want that one and tried another one. Then I wouldn't be sitting in this boat.

This s a long shot but I also emailed them yesterday like an hour before getting the shipping notice (would not have mattered anyways since they can't just like send it to me) but I pointed out the fact that they started a BOGO event 6 days after I purchased this suppressor and since I got what seems to be an obviously factory flawed suppressor I asked if they could roll me into the BOGO program because I'm mostly buying these to help get my autistic son shooting. So we'll see what their response is when they answer.

This s a long shot but I also emailed them yesterday like an hour before getting the shipping notice (would not have mattered anyways since they can't just like send it to me) but I pointed out the fact that they started a BOGO event 6 days after I purchased this suppressor and since I got what seems to be an obviously factory flawed suppressor I asked if they could roll me into the BOGO program because I'm mostly buying these to help get my autistic son shooting. So we'll see what their response is when they answer.
They were great on the last bogo sale for me. It was spend so much get a 22 can or spend a little more and get a omega . My lgs new nothing about the sale and I just came across it when looking up specs . They got me in on the bogo then I screwed up the totals . You needed 1100 before tax and I was short due to adding the tax in on one receipt . I sent a e- mail and got a response next day . Sent a copy and all fixed . The omega showed up to my lgs 2 months latter . Still waiting on atf to pickup. Great service. 👍

So I decided to start a new thread on this so people don't have to read the whole old thread to see the outcome, and so that if someone later down the road searches for SilencerCo service they may find answers here. I'll just post updates on this post as it happens.

This is regarding my Omega 300 that I just picked up that had the endcap that didn't line up with the baffles. In short if you look down the suppressor the end cap is not in alignment with the baffles.

View attachment 505381Baffles line up perfect on a bore alignment rod.
View attachment 505382
The end cap/anchor brake is almost touching the rod. It's so close I have not even fired the suppressor.

First route I went was going back to the dealer. He looked it over and tried different mounts and different end caps and ultimately agreed with me that the threads in the end of the main tube are not straight. He took pictures and wrote an email to his sales rep and included myself in it so I would see replies and updates. About 5 hours passed with no reply and I was home fixing dinner and thought there is nothing lost if I just call them. Now, full disclosure I figured I'd set on hold until I was done with dinner and hang up. I was actually left speechless and unprepared when the phone rang twice and a support person answered. Once I collected myself I described to him everything that was going on and he said to send an email to an address with pictures (the same ones included in this post) and he would forward them to the tech guys to review. And I said I would send them as soon as we hang up. And I did. To my surprise once again my phone rang about 2 minutes later and it was the support guy. He said he received my pictures and did not even need the tech guys to look at them to see something was not right. He send me an email with the information to fill out and said he'd send me a label right away to return it for examination.

So right now I'm awaiting the label and then we'll see how that goes. I'll update more as the things happen and see what the outcome is.
Accidents happen when you make thousands upon thousands of your product. Unfortunately some will slip through the cracks, their service to me Sounds like record time!

Accidents happen when you make thousands upon thousands of your product. Unfortunately some will slip through the cracks, their service to me Sounds like record time!
Absolutely. I'm not sore over it. I know it happens. As long as they make it right I'm fine with it. Now if they sweetened the pot with a we're sorry something or other it would be great. But either way I can shoot it with a clear mind now.

They were great on the last bogo sale for me. It was spend so much get a 22 can or spend a little more and get a omega . My lgs new nothing about the sale and I just came across it when looking up specs . They got me in on the bogo then I screwed up the totals . You needed 1100 before tax and I was short due to adding the tax in on one receipt . I sent a e- mail and got a response next day . Sent a copy and all fixed . The omega showed up to my lgs 2 months latter . Still waiting on atf to pickup. Great service. 👍
Hmm, I got on the last bogo event they had. Bought a 36m and some accessories to bump me over the $1,100 to qualify me for the omega.

That was in July, haven't heard a peep. Might ought to bump my lgs.