silencer plans

This doesnt have anything to do with plans, but more along the lines of how to purchase one. My question is once i get the tax stamp is it good for any silencer i get, or do i have to have a stamp for each silencer? thanks for any help

sorry for the delay

The $200 tax stamp is only good for one suppressor , they are issued to a specific serial number.. same goes for a short barreled rifle or full auto weapon.

With a form 1 suppressor you can't even (not supposed) rebuild your can , so say you get your paperwork and make a suppressor but your desgine would benifit from an extra inch of length and two baffles , well you need to get another $200 stamp and build another can , your not supposed to cut the origional one up in to little pieces that in no way resemble a suppressor part and make another one.

Thanks for answering my first question! Now i have another. Lets say that someone i know has the ability to build a suppressor, what would i have to do to have him legally build me one? Does he need some type of license?

Adam,
I believe that you have to find a licensed class III manufacturer to build a suppressor for you. The other route is to buy one from a class III dealer. They will help you with the paper work (tax stamp).

Up here in Finland silencers are also legal and very much used both in hunting and
target shooting. There are several local manufacturers and several designs.

Generally you can say that accuracy is improved and velocities slightly increased
after mounting of a silencer.

Myself I have silencers on 308, 7mm RM, 338WM and a 30-06.

I would encourage to check out the following sites:

Ase Utra
-they are the best and most expensive and have a distributor in NZ as well

Reflex Suppressors Index Page
-make a good all round silencer that is partially on the barrel to cut down on overall length.
-good pictures to check out.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.