silencer central

I was trying to figure out how to say to this in a polite way. Not all gunsmiths machine the same, I know someone asked about the process, that's the key! I could thread a muzzle in less than 5 min, and charge $20 if you didn't care about precision single point cutting. I'm not saying the $150 dollar job is better or worse than the $75 job, again just understand the process.

They threaded my barrel and did an excellent job. It works perfectly but, wow, that is high.
they have done 5 for me and all excellent work and quickly. we have a couple places locally but when I look at their old lathes with grease and oil all over them it does not instill confidence in the work on my expensive rifles so I just have to suck it up and pay the price or trust UPS or USPS to not destroy or lose my rifle and have someone else do the work

The guy is more concerned about making money than selling a premium product. This should be a surprise to nobody.

They perfected the process. That's how they sell cans. Whether or not it's the best can for the consumer the salesman Dakota Silencer salesman at the gunshow doesn't care they just guarantee you seamless process whether it ends up happening like that or not.

It's a 150 for the few smith's I'd trust to do the job . There are alot of places to get stuff done cheap but a few that do quality work. Example took a savage 7-08 rifle in to my gunsmith for a break . It's a giveaway gun for kids to promote youth hunting. It was a free job as he likes the idea and donated his time and the break . Apparently the crown was cut off c/ l to the bore it will effect accuracy so he took the time to re crown the barrel and make it right. He currently has two guns for next year's giveaway . Quality isn't cheap !! Took a new 300 win in to a shop for a break and it took a year . The threads looked like a 3rd grader cut them with a dull paper clip. Won't use or recommend him . Another shop with my modle 70 was to put a break on and remove the front sight . When I went to pick it up they had done the break but re- drilled and re installed the front sight and shroud . You could see it thru the scope . ****ed me off they didn't read the service ticket they wrote that said remove front sight do not re install.. Quality work is way more important than a few bucks in cost .

Consider yourself fortunate if you have a smith close by that can do that work for you. They can be hard to find. I did a barrel at Silencer Central and they did a good job. As I recall the $150 included shipping and packaging so in my mind a fair deal. $200 is pushing it even for those of us without access to other options.

Consider yourself fortunate if you have a smith close by that can do that work for you. They can be hard to find. I did a barrel at Silencer Central and they did a good job. As I recall the $150 included shipping and packaging so in my mind a fair deal. $200 is pushing it even for those of us without access to other options.
it appears what they have done with their pricing is to include free shipping in the price, but what they have done is upped the price so they are not out anything on the shipping and still making more money. but if you pick it up like I do you still have to pay the high price. Just checked LRI and they are also 200.00 for the same work just 350 miles away instead of 105.

I gotta find a place that does them reasonable in some volume.... got a decent pile that need to be boxed up and shipped. If my tax freedom ever clears, need a bunch threaded and thread protectors made. Shipping a pile of barrels and actions from here south is crazy these days. Might be cheaper to fly them down.