Sightron warranty warning!

If you see a no fault warranty you can bet your paying for that warranty up front in the initial purchase, that is why Snap-on tools cost so much, they actually have a figure failure rate in that purchase price, your paying for those free repairs and replacements one way or another!!
I have ran some Sightron because that are a good optic and actually one of the best lower end optics for holding zero, I have some Vortex that I've been pleased with and only used warranty once with a manufacturer issue in a spotter eye piece. No longer have any Leupold as they don't track, hold zero and spend more time on the brown truck than on a rifle. Transitioning everything to NIghtforce as I can afford it.

I own over 30 leupold scopes right now and have owned and used leupolds for over 50 years in very bad conditions and in several countries, I have used them for target-hunting-plinking and have never had to stop because of scope failure. plus used leupolds hold their value, bringing 75-80 percent of their new cost when sold and its because of there rock solid warrenty.

you too are ignoring the facts,
it is not worn out or defective..
it is BENT.
abuse somewhere..not covered by warranty.
'
I don't think anyone is missing the point!

OP stated that the ring got progressively tighter to the point he could not turn it anymore, that does not come from dropping it. He also stated it had not been dropped.

The other part of this, just for good faith, Sightron should have replaced it.

Having been in the retail gun industry for many years, Great service goes a long way. Bad service goes much much further. IMHO, Sightron shot themselves in the foot with a 50 BMG.

I was at Raton for a Silo match many years ago, had a Leupold 10X on top of my 308. Weaver rep came over to me trying to convince me to switch to a T10. I asked him how Weaver would handle a repair issue. His was response was "You just send it in, we will repair it and send it back" I asked how long, got 2-3 weeks.

Since I was shooting 2-3 matches a month at the time, told him I would stick with my Leupold.

I ran an Equipment Manufacturing company for 22 years. Many times we replaced parts that were not defective, they were obviously abused. But for the $100-150 we would have made from selling the part, went 10X that far in word of mouth advertising. Word of mouth will make or break you faster that most anything else you can do in business.

I don't think anyone claims they are the best, allot of glass out there that is better. But i don't think you can show me a company with better Customer Service.

JMHO

Also, someone posted wanting to know if OP purchased from a authorized Sightron dealer or not. What difference would that make?

if a maker(any maker) tries to dodge a warrenty issue by nit picking or out right refusing to take care of a issue, it will bite them in the arse over time and cost them more in the long run than fixing the issue at hand many time over. I say read the makers warrenty in full so you know whats covered and whats not. leupold has a no fault (yours or theirs) warrenty and takes care of the issue with out blame. enough said.

People keep putting up the USA Warranty. Here's the out of state warranty. Looks to me IF its not the OP fault. They claim they will fix or replace it. It get no more simple then that. If they do not. They are the ones at fault.

Sightron International Warranty

The Sightron "Limited Lifetime International Warranty" covers all products sold outside the 50 states of the United States. "See Exclusions Below"

This warranty does not cover damage that occurs in shipment or failures that result from accidents, misuse, abuse, unauthorized alterations, theft, modifications or acts of God.

Should your Sightron product ever fail due to workmanship or materials simply return it to the Sightron Distributor from the Country it was purchased along with a copy of the sales receipt and we will repair or replace it our option.

Due to the changing requirements by the U.S. Department of Commerce it is important to let your Distributor return your scope for repair as they are aware of the proper importation and exportation regulations for your Country.

Scopes sent directly to Sightron U.S.A will not be accepted unless a prior RMA is authorized.

I bought a Burris from a friend and the turret was tight. Sent it in and they charged me $50 bucks. And sent me the scope back fixed and in good working condition. 3 weeks later got a check in the mail from Burris for $50 bucks apologizing for the charges.

Costa sun glasses are the same. Lifetime until style not produced anymore. They do give you an discount option on new ones, but you are ----ed off and can't believe the don't have one extra arm.
I gotta call BS ON THAT ONE. I just picked up my still broken costas from the optomotrist after I replaced the frame last year. They broke after a short drop. New frames snapped in half taking them off. They refused to warranty the brand new frames that they installed my prescription Costa lenses in. They are a joke.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts