Sightron Big Sky scopes

Iron Worker

Thinking of buying a used Sightron 4.5x14x42MM MD scope. Former owner said he paid $375 for it new.On the packaging it doesn't say if its a S2 or the words Big Sky. I look up on the web sight and only Big Sky scopes come with this configuration. So could this scope be a Big Sky?

The Big Sky scopes have a B in the model #. I don't see that they make that scope anymore so I would guess it is the old SII.

I'm not completely sure what they changed. You and I have had some scope discussions before. If the glass looks good to you and it fits your needs I wouldn't shy away from a good deal.

The SIIB scopes have better class coatings, lonager more forgiving eye relief and a weather coating on all external surfaces like the Raingaurd on Bushnell. In my book, the SIIB from the SII is about the same jump as a SI vs. SII.

I'm shooting many SIIB's at the time and personally for the price I don't believe they can be beat.

Rob

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.