Sightron Big Sky scopes

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Iron Worker, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Iron Worker

Iron Worker Well-Known Member

Thinking of buying a used Sightron 4.5x14x42MM MD scope. Former owner said he paid $375 for it new.On the packaging it doesn't say if its a S2 or the words Big Sky. I look up on the web sight and only Big Sky scopes come with this configuration. So could this scope be a Big Sky?

2. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

The Big Sky scopes have a B in the model #. I don't see that they make that scope anymore so I would guess it is the old SII.

3. Iron Worker

Iron Worker Well-Known Member

Is there a big difference between the two?

4. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

I'm not completely sure what they changed. You and I have had some scope discussions before. If the glass looks good to you and it fits your needs I wouldn't shy away from a good deal.

5. Brocksdad

Brocksdad Active Member

The SIIB scopes have better class coatings, lonager more forgiving eye relief and a weather coating on all external surfaces like the Raingaurd on Bushnell. In my book, the SIIB from the SII is about the same jump as a SI vs. SII.

I'm shooting many SIIB's at the time and personally for the price I don't believe they can be beat.

Rob