Sightron 3-16x42 FFP

mechengr

There's very little out there on this new offering from Sightron, but I just had the big brown truck deliver one to my door this afternoon so I thought I'd offer some first impressions.

I think this is going to be a force to reckon with in the sub $500 FFP category for a long-range capable hunting scope. Compact and relatively lightweight (13.3" long and 25 oz) with a simple but effective illuminated reticle. The external zero stop collar is also dead simple.

Glass is predictably Sightron clear but field of view is lacking compared to other similarly configured scopes. Another negative is the uncovered, non locking windage turret. It has nice positive clicks but seems to turn too easily. Also is 5 mil per rotation, 10 mil turrets make more sense to me but it's not a deal breaker.

MidwayUSA must have gotten their hands on the first batch and are getting them out in the market at introductory pricing. There are definitely some shortcomings, but for the special pricing they're letting these go for is really hard to complain!

FYI it's Sightron model number 26017.

Don't have a VX3 to compare, but it seems to have the same glass as the older 4-20 sfp S-TAC that I also have. Both lines have been around long enough I'm sure there's comparison reviews out there somewhere of the S-TAC and VX3 glass

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.