Sightron SIII FFP or ???

Southern Boys Lawncare

Im really thinking about getting one of these scopes. I like the reviews on how clear the glass is on this particular scope. Do y'all have any experience with this particular scope in low light situations?
My price range is $2000.

What scopes would y'all recommend if not this one?

My intentions are to hunt longer ranges as well as long range shooting.

The Sigh tron 3 is an excellent scope, they track very well. There is someone on snipers hide selling zero stop shims for them.

I am liking these Burris more and more. Always have wanted to try a Burris scope. Im wanting something that is really good for low light situations. How does the Burris do under these conditions?

As far as low light use i think either one would be great. Burris' high end glass is some of the best I've seen. To my eyes it's very close to Swarovski. I compared an XTRII to a S&B at dusk and the Burris was not far off at all. I couldn't believe it. I'd say its even with the Nightforce ATACR.

I think the main difference between the verocity and xtrii is the tube size. Verocity is 30mm and has turret covers and the xtrii is 34mm tube with exposed turrets. Both have 50mm objective. They have ddifferent reticles as well. I'm partial to the xtrii's milrad reticle. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Sorry, I have no hands on experience with XTR II. Perhaps Bruce Ventura and others will chime in.

Found Bruce's comment ...

Burris has taken that to the extreme with the E1 optical designs. AFAIK, XTR II and Veracity models of the same magnification use the same optics as well. I spent more time looking at the Veracity models because I like the multi-purpose reticle designs. The Veracity scopes were typical of Burris optical quality: good resolution, high contrast, and no tunneling in the erector over 5:1 zoom ratio. I also recall seeing no obscuration at low magnification when the elevation was rotated to the limit.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.