Sightron 3 6x24 vs 8x32 - ffp or second

Nutmeg

Came across the forum yesterday in my search for scope options and you kept me reading for a few hours. Looking to purchase a new higher power scope to replace a weaver v16 on a 308 ltr. Looking for a bit more power an a more user reticle. Planned use is for silhouette / f class. Generally to 600yds but would like to get something I could use if I get a chance to go to 1000 in the future. With my budget thought the s3 lrmoa would be a good choice.

But having trouble deciding ffp or second as I have never used a ffp . I like the idea of the fixed values and I see the scope being used in the upper powers most of the time so a shrinking reticle does not seem like a penalty. Whats your real life use experience?

My other hangup is going 6-24 or 8-32. More power is better if I can really use it. My concern is will the 8-32 give me that usable extra power for the weight and bulk penalties?

Never having seen any either scope in person I need to rely on the impressions from those that have.

Thoughts? Curve balls?
Thanks,

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.