Sightron 10-40x42mm Dot Reticle

klallen

Morning >> Is this new scope anything to get excited about for 1000 yd. - 1500 yd. varmint rigs? I have a Sightron 3-12x42MD on my .264 WinMag and like it very much but these seem to be two very different types of scope. 40x would seems to be benificial with small gophers and such at extreme ranges but wonder about that 42mm objective. Is this a problem for the scope? Most quality high power scopes that I've seen seem to come with bigger 50mm +/- objectives. Would 42mm give all that's required for success on long range shots? I'd also much rather have the mil-dot rather then just the dot reticle and have been in contact with Sightron to see if the 10-40x will be offered with MD any time soon. Yet to hear back. Anyway, experiences would be appreciated. Especially any of you who have been using 42mm Sightron scopes from their current line for your long range shooting. Thanks. >> klallen

[ 06-29-2002: Message edited by: klallen ]

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.