sightron reticle replacement

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by CHARLIEDUECE65, Jan 17, 2011.

1. CHARLIEDUECE65

CHARLIEDUECE65 Well-Known Member

I have a 8x32x56 s111 sightron rifle scope with an lrd reticle. I was wondering if anyone can put custom reticles in this scope. I might use this for f-class shooting and am wondering about my options. I believe the current dot reticle is too big for shooting small groups past 200 yards. I have only used it to 300 yards and the dot was too big for that. Thanks. :rolleyes:

2. jmason

jmason Well-Known Member

look up bill ackerman

3. Jon A

Jon A Well-Known Member

4. jmason

jmason Well-Known Member

5. James H

James H Well-Known Member

Yea, last month I got a new SIII 8x32 mildot. I probably would have waited if I had known they were coming out with the MOA reticle. Website says that they are not target turrets, don't know what's up with that, elevation looks like a target turret to me.
    It looks like Sightron is listening to the customers they also have some mildot scopes with miliradian turrets. Hope they have a 10x50 model available with the unlit MOA reticle like the 8x32.

They are saying March for availability.

James

6. GLZ

GLZ Well-Known Member

7. CHARLIEDUECE65

CHARLIEDUECE65 Well-Known Member

Jon A.,

How do you trade it in ????

8. Jon A

Jon A Well-Known Member

Some retailers will actually take a trade, such as SWFA: Quality optics and accessories from Leupold, Bushnell, Burris, Nikon and more! . Naturally you don't get as much doing it that way, much like trading in your car at the dealership when you buy a new one. But you don't need to deal with the PITA of selling it yourself.

If you want the most, you can sell it yourself. I typically do it in the classifieds on snipershide as I'm usually selling a tactical scope. But you can do it anywhere you think it will sell (as long as you're a member with enough posts obviously). I'd think a big Sightron would sell well there or here or even BR or Varmint type message boards if you're a member of any of them.