sig sauer kilo 2000 rangefinder

Thanks Roy.
I went and checked one out at sportsman's yesterday afternoon and it seems like a nice unit. I may have to sell my 1600b and give one a try.
Jon

Thanks Roy.
I went and checked one out at sportsman's yesterday afternoon and it seems like a nice unit. I may have to sell my 1600b and give one a try.
Jon

Jon,

If you are never going to shot longer than the 1600b will range it's not that much of an upgrade, unless you could use the difference in dollars for some nifty stuff.:)

Roy,
I like the idea of being able to shoot at steel and rocks out past a mile. My 1600b goes to 1663 yards and that's about it.
Jon

Roy,
I like the idea of being able to shoot at steel and rocks out past a mile. My 1600b goes to 1663 yards and that's about it.
Jon

The main plus that I see with my kilo over my Leica is the shoot to angle correction feature. Seems like nothing is flat here in the mountains of Montana.

The main plus that I see with my kilo over my Leica is the shoot to angle correction feature. Seems like nothing is flat here in the mountains of Montana.

Yep, though the Leica provides shot angle the Kilo does eliminates one entry into the ballistic software.

I simply leave my shot angle set to 1. 1 because I never did trust "0" very much...:rolleyes:

I thought I read somewhere that the Sig Kilo gave the shoot to angle along with the shoot to range? At longer distances the shoot to range that is calculated with simple trig can be off by a lot compared to calculating it with the angle in a ballistics calculator.

I was doing this calculation the other day and at longer ranges like 900 yards there can be quite a difference between the two.

So I went back and tried them out. I asked the clerk to makes sure its in yards this time. So both were about the same with the sig sometime giving a 1/10 decibel reading. So basically the same. I did notice the sig seem to be a little brighter than than the 1600B. I know someone posted about the shoot to range that it gives out and it was stated that it can be off. Has anyone been able to put this to the test with some good up and down hill shooting at some high angles. It would be nice to here the results.

I know someone posted about the shoot to range that it gives out and it was stated that it can be off. Has anyone been able to put this to the test with some good up and down hill shooting at some high angles. It would be nice to here the results.

So far the Kilo is spot on regarding shot angle and calculated distance. That is, out to 1661 yards. However am not able to get to where the angles are large as the snow in the mountains and lack of snow machine is holding me back.

I am confident that the calculation algorithm used by Sig has all of the factors in the proper places.

Those using COSine indicators who use the calc cos X ranged distance don't miss by much if any.

However, I was once warned about neglecting the cos of gravity.:)

Roy,
What is the farthest distance you have been able to range and what was it, also what is the farthest on an animal?
Thanks,
Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.