Rangefinder binos or sig kilo

chopit

Having a hard time making up my mind. Going on an elk hunt this year and was thinking about getting the nikon laserforce or vortex fury. I also do alot of target shooting and the sig kilo 2400 abs would get more use and i already have a good set of binos. Any suggestions? What do most of you use? Right now i make do with a old bushnell elite rangefinder, vortex talon binos and a kestrel with abs. It is a handful of crap to juggle.

Chopit,

I hear you, I have binos, an RF and a kestral with abs as well, and have often thought about how nice it would be to only have binos, hit range, have it spit out a solution and be done! Or at least, bino with RF and then look at the Kestrel.

However, an industry rep I knew pointed out something that I also considered...which is binos will probably last a lifetime....electronics will not. They will be upgraded and often break, hence the relatively short warranties on the electronics. So you end up with a REALLY expensive set of binos and have to go buy an RF in the end anyway.

So in the end, I broke up my devices so that I only have to replace a part rather than the whole. If I was rich, I would probably say **** the torpedos...I want speed and efficiency. But I'm not. I can't afford to replace 3 solutions at once....just the one that broke.

Something to consider.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.