Show of Interest for a Mcmillan A3/A5 Hybrid...NEED INPUT

jb1000br

Official LRH Sponsor
Several others including myself have expressed interest in a McMillan hybrid stock using the A5 beavertail forend and the A3 buttstock.

Since the A1/3 combo seems to be gaining interest, I am posting this as an informal "show of interest" thread.

Kelly is looking for some feedback, so speak up!

THis would eliminate the butt-hook that many people dont like.

I really like the idea of this stock personally...

So if you have input or interest, please post it here.

Thanks,
Jason

JB1000BR

I would be interested in such a stock. As I will be in the market for one around the first of the year, for a 300 RUM. I have an A-3 on a 308, but want to try an A-5 forearm because it's shallower and wider which should reduce torque. Not having the butt hook would be a plus for me.
Keep us posted if these will be built.

Thanks

I don't have a problem w/the butt hook, so I guess it really wouldn't matter to me. I do see why some people who shoot off of bags alot might not like it. Maybe if it just had a sloped stock in place of the butt hook. This would make for easy elevation adjustment.

You know. I looked up their website, because I'm a little confused about the descriptions? I thought I might see a couple pics of the A3 and/or A5, or anything else? I have one of them, but I'm not real sure which is which? I may very well be interested in a combo type stock, for long range hunting, from a rest.

Guess what? That is a very poorly designed site for such a major company. I finally had to email them and request some photos.

Maybe somebody knows where to look, maybe I don't know how to navigate?

Good hunting. LB

jb,

I'll be in the market for a stock in a little while and would be definitely intersted in the combo idea. My choices have been narrowed down to the McMilin but Which one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Don't like the but hook though. Thanks

I´m waiting for a rifle with an A3, but definitely I chose not to use the A5 because of the hook and besides it looked a little too bulky. A combination could be good....

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.