Shot 3 coyotes yesterday

remingtonman_25_06

Yesterday was a pretty lucky day for me. I have never been able to shoot more than 1 coyote in a day. There just to darn hard to hit most the time, but I got the first one in the morning with my STW and a 120g BT. He was about 100 yards and let me tell you what, it almost blown in half. I made a real bad shot because I was going load testing and I just grabbed a shell and shot. Come to find out, those 120's shot low and right. The coyote was running left and up so I think I just got lucky. But anyways, I thought well I'll go out looking for em tonight also since I already got one this morning. I took my .220 Swift with the 50g Vmax moly coat. We seen 3 coyotes that night and I ended up getting 2 of them. The first one was about 400 yards streaking so my dad and I took a couple pop shots to no avail, ha ha then we both look to a different hill and could just see some pointy ears. I knew what it was right away and my dad was just like, "theres a deer over there" and I was like BOOM. Dead coyote. This one was about 200 yards. While we were crossing the bottom to go get the 2nd yote for my day, there was another standing right on the edge of the field 50 yards. So I head shot that one with the swift. 3 coyotes in one day. I could not believe it. I took pics of them all, Post them later if anyones interested.

I would of liked to been there with you an your dad that day. I go hunting an fishing with my dad as much as I can . I thank that coyote hunting is better than deer hunting an I love deer hunting. 6 mouth ago I traded for a REM 700 7 STW I have reloaded 140 for it an it shoots wonderful.Could you give me some Info about your STW an your load set up for your 120.GOD BLESS

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.