Short and long range loads?

sheep dog

I purchased a 300wsm t3 lite ss and have been doing some reading on offerings for elk mulies and black bear and have read several times that a short range velocities some of the good performers are longer range cant hold up to the speed upon impact. I understand why this is but have a few questions.

Is a load such as the Nosler e-tip in 180gr moving too fast for shots 200 yards or less? I am anticipating my max limit being 500 yards and working out to that goal by next year. To this end I am looking for a load that will preform well without fragmenting at short range.

I am looking for some guidance here and have never hunted elk, black bear or mulies but will be heading to Colorado in 2014. I am also wanting to understand why rather than a just do this or that.

Are there other offerings for the reloader with a 300wsm that will preform well at ranges from 0-500 yards in a loadout lighter than 180gr for elk bear and mulies?

At 500 and in I think an Accubond will work great. They work pretty good at over 500 too.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.