Shooting Table

Thanks Chris and Phil you have been a great help
wink.gif

Nice benches-- i haven't got as slick as that. i just built a wooden box on the bottom of a round 3/4" piece of plywood, and attaced 2X4 legs angled out, and attached with wing nuts. When i set it up, i can tap out the legs, and it's "pretty" steady. i'm certainly not suggesting it over the others, in fact i'm seriously thinking of trying one of those. One thing i did do that i like is i attached some indoor/outdoor carpet to the top that keeps cartridge cases from rolling around and off the bench, and adds a good bit of comfort for the arms/elbows.

Anybody ever shoot off the back of a tailgate? I've got a rug-type bedliner in the back of my pickup, and it's about as sturdy as i've ever seen. When i remove the tailgate cable, i can get my arms in for elbow support, and there's just enuf room to make it comfortable, especially with a singleshot pistol.

Not from my tailgate, but a sand bag set on the roof of my S-15 is the perfect height for me to shoot while standing.

I have shot from the tailgate of my truck and it works in a pinch much better then the hood of a truck but the portable bench I built is a lot nicer to shoot off
grin.gif

Crow Mag

Nothin wrong with a tailgate, done it alot! Certainly not as stable as the nice tables these guys have built though, but works good. I still have to build one, my fathers moves around too much and we either use it or the tailgate.

I like the hood better but only on my old truck. Wife would kill me if I came home with burn marks on the hood of the new truck. I built a simple bench with 3 steel adjustable legs. Much easier to get stable than the 4 leggers.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.