Shooting prarie dogs on the -P- Ranch

A few us were interested in Jimm's tripod stand and unfortunately no one responded. But that is okay, I used my detective skills and found the company that makes that cool stand. It is not cheap but it does look well made and durable. Here's the link and let me know if you guys order one. I was thinking perhaps we can do a group buy and perhaps get a price break. It's worth a shot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Here's the link: http://www.lonestarfieldproducts.com/gun_rest_options.html

Sorry guys ,

I was not ignoring your questions , just was unaware of them . With all the new things going on here at my end I dont get to look at all the threads as often . Also I can assure you that Abinok is not ignoring you either . He is presently under going training at a polise academy in OK. That is draing him mentally and physically so his net time is extremely limited .

I will look at all the questions asked and answer them in a moment . It is a good thing brandon found the mfg as I wasnt the initilal purchaser and did no t know who made it . Whatever tags that were on it to identify are gone .

Anytime someone wants to get my attention all you have to do is email me , address is in my bio .

Again , my apologies for not responding to you alls queries .

Jim Brown

Wildcat ,

Since Abinok is probably not going to see this for a while I will answer best I can .

Bryce : factory rem700 7mm freefloated trigger worked
ammo developed using a " ladder test " .
Binoculars Nikon 10x22x50
scope Leupold 4.5x14x50

Jesse : Ruger 300 winnie ,freefloated ,trigger work
Leupold 3.5x10x50
ammo developed for rifle using "ladder
test " .

Abinok : Savage rifle with laminated stock 300
winnie superlight trigger and I am
not sure what all doe to it .
Millet scope with mildot ret. dont
remember what power .
Dont remember his binocs either .

Jimm: Long Shot Rifles 300 winnie
A5 stock Broughton hv7 28" bbl 11 twist
Leupold 8.5x25x50 Mk 4 scope
Nikon 10x22x50 binocs
Swarovski 8x30 laser range finder

Sako Browning 243AI by GA precision
Schneider 26" 5.5 contour 7.5 twist bbl .
Leupold 4.5x14x40 scope

As I have related to Detrio in a reply to a pm he sent me the tripod is all right but not near as stable as the homemade bench top rest I made Pix of it in its pieces as broken down are some dang where on this site . Possibly under equipment reviews .

It was faster to acquire a new target with my homemade and far more stable as your own weight contributes to the stability . The BR Pivot is a good looking portable rest that breaks don for easy portability and on Richard Franklins website www.Richardscustomrifles.com there are plans for a good portable benchrest .

Be glad to answer any questions , holler at me , Jim Brown

Thanks Jim for a quick review on your tripod stand. I figured you were busy or unfamiliar with the changes to this forum. I was glad that I found the manufacturer in case you need parts in the future. By the way, they have a manual online you can download for your tripod stand.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.