prarie dog hunt pics

B Jordan

these are some pictures from a pd hunting trip last year they were on a laptop that shot craps and i just got them off we were wanting to get some really long shots but the grass was so high we could not see them very far and where we found prarie dogs which was few and far between we could not get a long shot the first one is a picture i took of a prarie dog in midair that my buddy shot

if we look rough its because we drove all night (left home at midnight ) then couldnot find a motel room within 100 miles so we slept in the truck on the second night 4 people + 4-door truck = not a good place to sleep
Picture100-2.jpg

Picture032me.jpg

williepd.jpg

.243 went out to over 800 yards? Is that right?

I havent really seen anyone push it that far.

.243 went out to over 800 yards? Is that right?

I havent really seen anyone push it that far.

they make a fine long range pd gun imo when loaded with a 107smk or 115 dtac or a bullet of that class
i have shot mine out to 1350yds with good results shooting 115dtacs at about 3075fps when i say good results i mean hitting 1 or 2 two liter soda bottles out of 5 shots

thats my buddy in the picture and trust me i would not give him 1 extra yard if he did not have it coming

if that a long ways for the caliber i would scare you to death with my shot this year on a on a pd with contender and a 10" 22 hornet barrel w/4x scope

these were in kansas but the dogs are very hard to find the plague hurt them bad we found them in Ok. a few years ago but when we went back the next year nothing so we moved to colorado and found them all over then went back the next year and nothing the second time i went last year we found one little town and that was it

B Jordan, what bullet did you use for your 945 yard shot. I am guessing 162 A-Max or 180grn Berger VLD?

W.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts