shooting class in central North Dakota

tjonh2001

I am wondering how many guys form here would be willing to come to central ND for a shooting course form 1 of this sites big Gunsmiths. he is trying to deside if he should do a shooting class. if he does one it would most likely be from a friday to a sunday. this course would start from the basics and go through shooting ot to 600- possible 1000 for hunting purposes. if you guys think that you would be interested please let me know by posting here im sure he will be reading this....

I'd definetely consider it and depending on the costs I have 2 married sons that I could drag along. Most of the schools I've looked at are pretty much pushing their particular choice of caliber and system. Nothing wrong with that but some of us just prefer to use what we already have, not to say that with some modifications things could even be improved.

I'd consider coming, just for the fun of it. Your never to old to learn new things. Let me know the details when you have them.

do me a favor shut off a few lights so I can make it.

can we get some time with your arrow retriever? I have a couple more years and maybe I will have the bugs worked out of mine.

Liz we know who taught who!!!!

Brent

Last edited:
One other thought I have one spare bedroom and a couple couches in the basement. My wife is an excellent cook also. Even if I have to work people are welcome to stay in my home. I live about 45miles from Nates in Bismarck.

Brent

Sounds excellent. Are you thinking of using the private 1000 yard range and club down by Moffit? Could be a number of club members from there also interested.
Keep us posted.

Rick

Any idea of when this class might be held ? I'd be intrested if I could get some lead time to arrange the time off,might even get a nephew or two to come with.
shorty

I would alo like to know an estimated date and price. i live onl 65 miles northeast of bismarck so it wouldnt be a far drive for me.. id love to see what my rem 700 sendero 7mmRUM can do..

also i think you know 308nate are you guys buddies.. i need some work done to my gun and you guys are the closest gunshop that i know of and i hav eheard he does real well work. thanks and lookin forward to it

Riddler, I live in Bismarck and am friends with Nate. Why wait, we can make plans and go out anytime. We usually set up our portable targets and go out and shoot. Besides you will be able to see Nate's handy work. He builds my rifles. 65miles NE? My wife was from around those parts.

Brent

Riddler, I live in Bismarck and am friends with Nate. Why wait, we can make plans and go out anytime. We usually set up our portable targets and go out and shoot. Besides you will be able to see Nate's handy work. He builds my rifles. 65miles NE? My wife was from around those parts.
Brent

I work on a farm abour 15 miles south of hurdsfield... that is about 30 miles south of harvey. If u live in bismarck u should kinda know where that is lol..

I would love to see your custom rifles.. sadly the only days i get off are sundays and i usually go to bismarck and i carry my rifle with me all the time cuz coyotes are pretty bad on farm so i try to catch them with loaded gun but havent yet.

maybe you could check out my set up and let me know what it needs. i know a muzzle break would help recoil and i wanna get a remington supercell pad put on but it needs to be glued and i dont wanna do that myself.

there are some pics here http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/remington-700-sendero-questions-40746/index9.html from after i put my turrets on my leupold.. thanks for the help.. let me know when u guys go shoot.. if its a sunday id love to tag along and just watch and see how yall do it..

im not a very steady shooter yet so my 100yd group is about 2in yet but i know itll come down alot once i get it on a gun rest so i wont be trying anything long yet till i get that puppied 0'd. well thanks and have fun

Riddler

I also live in bismarck. If you really want to do some shootimg you could always shoot f class. We have matches this coming sat and then another on sunday.

As for this class we are trying to deside where and when for sure. Once the details are completely worked out we will let everyone know. Thabks for all the intrest

Toby

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.