Shooting bags

freebird63

I have been thinking about getting rid of my solid rest and going with one of those shooting bags, I see several different ones on the market.
Bulls bags
Dog-gone-good
stoney point
caldwell shooting products
I would think a person would want the heaviest bag he could get so it didn't move or moved as little as possible. Also should a person get one pre-filled with that regrind stuff???? or buy a bag of lead shot??? I would think the lead shot is heavier.
Anybody out there using any of these products????

assuming you are using a bag for the front rest, no need to get it really heavy because you're just resting your rifle on it while your shoulder takes the recoil. Lead would be $$ and too heavy - try dry sand.

To fill a heavy rear bag the benchrest shooters use Chromite sand or Zircon sand.
I am looking into getting some for myself.
Tarey

What Joseph has is similar to what my bench buddies shoot, but on the lighter side. I shoot off my bipod, like I hunt, that is what I practice for , same gun, 2 lb trigger, and back small rabbit ear with rice, easy to handle. I shot 3 in 6 1/4 @ 1003. I am working on it and think I can do better, load needs work. This set up is very convenient and works, clean my gun this way work on scope ,etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.