Shooting a mile . How hard is it ?

Also I'm going to be shooting at a 30inch saw blade if that makes a difference .

Be a real crapper to thread the needle through the center hole in the blade and not know it....:D

The holes are welded shut . Here's a pic of the blade from last weekend 1200 yards bullseye is 4 inches . I just want to try it if I'm lucky enough to hit it . I can still say I hit it . Rather be lucky than good any day

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 69
All you can do is shoot and see, the hard part with 6.5's at that range is getting enough feed back to learn whats going on, if you can pick up feed back then you can see if it's grouping and responding to adjustments if it does your good to go. Feed back is the hardest though, as far as shooting through transonic seems like a lot of guys haven't even tried on here, either it's going to work fine or you'll scatter bullets all over the hill side for what it's worth I've shot the 140 Berger through transonic with no issues to 1890 yards but I'm playing with 6000+ elevation which helps :D

Totally agree . To my knowledge no one in my area has ever tried a mile . There is a few guys I have shot with that have shot out to 1350 . I will see how it plays out my buddy is going up to his neighboring ridge to see if the neighbor has corn or hay planted this year . Hoping its hay

The holes are welded shut . Here's a pic of the blade from last weekend 1200 yards bullseye is 4 inches . I just want to try it if I'm lucky enough to hit it . I can still say I hit it . Rather be lucky than good any day

At 1200, there's quite a bit of paint missing from the bullseye on that pic! Really looking forward to seeing a little bitty pockmark from a really slow 6.5 bullet in the fall. :cool: enjoying this thread.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.