Shooter Program Azimuth

Jumpalot

When I use the "Get Target Azimuth" on my Droid, I get some negative readings. Instead of 0*, 90*, 180* and 270*, I get up to 180* and then it starts with negative numbers. -170*, -160* etc. and due west is -90*. Is there a setting to change this? I can't find it anywhere.

Does your Droid have a built in compass? It's a requirement for automatic azimuth. If you have a built in compass, is it calibrated and what are the settings on it?

It didn't have a built in compass app. But I've downloaded 2 different apps that work fine. Not sure if that answered your question. It must have some sort of built in compass to make google maps etc. work.

That's probably the GPS you're using with Maps, not necessarily a compass. Of your compass is working, when you tell SHOOTER to " Get Azimuth" your residing will change as upu turn it on different directions, from 0 to 360 degrees. If not, you don't have a built in compass.

It works. It's just that instead of going from 0-360, it goes up to 180 and the starts going backwards into negative numbers.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.