Question about the Shooter Ballistic Program?

The coincidence if the 1.048 correction caught my attention as well, but the tall test for 20MOA/20.9' came in at 22" which calculates to .262. I'm pretty meticulous about setting all the other variables you mention. I'm pretty sure my test is good.

Ok , I just thought I would mention it just in case.

The coincidence if the 1.048 correction caught my attention as well, but the tall test for 20MOA/20.9' came in at 22" which calculates to .262. I'm pretty meticulous about setting all the other variables you mention. I'm pretty sure my test is good.

That seems awful far off to be a nightforce. Is that normal?? I'm going to do this on my vortex one evening his week. A tall test and a box test. Or maybe just do a tall test then dial over a down to make a 20 MOA box test. 9 shots total

I understand you question now. You said changing the correction factor made the MOA drops match but the inches of drop didn't change. That's right. It's not going to change how far the bullet physically falls, only how many clicks you dial to bring the bullet to you target. Make sense?

I understand you question now. You said changing the correction factor made the MOA drops match but the inches of drop didn't change. That's right. It's not going to change how far the bullet physically falls, only how many clicks you dial to bring the bullet to you target. Make sense?

That's correct. If the scope's turret is not .25 MOA/click, you can change the velocity to match the drops produced by Shooter to give you the exact impact points. This will will work except that you will not be using your true velocity. if you can input Shooter to reflect the true click values you can input the true velocity as well. Not a big deal and will get you very close to the same drops unless you are shooting in the transonic region and want to use advanced inputs with your calculator. It makes it easier if you are using actual click values and velocity according to Brian Litz's book on rifle ballistics.

Greyfox,

After reading your last post, something finally sunk in the ol' noggin'.

I'm now more comfortable with my spot in the universe. :)

Thanks.

Off the Shooter app website, hope this helps.

What is "Elevation Correction" and "Wind Correction" in the firearm profile?
This is used to correct for scope turret clicks that aren't quite what they say they are. For example, if you've come to realize your .25MOA per-click scope is actually .23MOA per-click then you'd put a correction factor of 1.08695652 (.25/.23) because you actually need to adjust more as you aren't quite getting a full quarter MOA per click. An asterisk (*) will be placed next to the angular unit when using these inputs to denote that the given value is corrected. Inaccurate click adjustments are more common than you may think. Don't take this for granted.

Off the Shooter app website, hope this helps.

What is "Elevation Correction" and "Wind Correction" in the firearm profile?
This is used to correct for scope turret clicks that aren't quite what they say they are. For example, if you've come to realize your .25MOA per-click scope is actually .23MOA per-click then you'd put a correction factor of 1.08695652 (.25/.23) because you actually need to adjust more as you aren't quite getting a full quarter MOA per click. An asterisk (*) will be placed next to the angular unit when using these inputs to denote that the given value is corrected. Inaccurate click adjustments are more common than you may think. Don't take this for granted.

You beat me to it. I remembered reading this and had it saved in my pc. I didn't think I needed it for the NF but had it saved for other scopes that I was unsure had the internals to be dead on. I have not verified my NF, seems appropriate now.

You beat me to it. I remembered reading this and had it saved in my pc. I didn't think I needed it for the NF but had it saved for other scopes that I was unsure had the internals to be dead on. I have not verified my NF, seems appropriate now.

Yes, this does work and allowed the correction. It wasn't instantly recognizable to me in Shooter. My experience with a previous program I was using allowed for a direct input of the actual click value correction, ie .264/click. Shooter requires that you enter a correction factor in the rifle program section for the increase or decrease in elevation or windage. This factor .264/click would be 1.056 which is calculated by dividing .264 by .25.

I am constantly amazed at all the things that must come together for LR shooting. I am not talking about walking rounds into the target either. I mean flat out, 1st round kills on the target. Thanks for starting this thread. Another opportunity to be educated.

Shooter requires that you enter a correction factor in the rifle program section for the increase or decrease in elevation or windage.

Greyfox,

Would these factors be "Elev Correction Factor" and "Wind Correction Factor"?

If so . . . well I'll be darned!!!! Have wondered what those are for. :rolleyes:

Not trying to answer for Greyfox, but that is correct from my perspective. I left at mine at the default of 1, which is 100%. If you input 1.10 that is basically 110%, etc. I have not done an actual like Greyfox did, just "assumed" .25MOA was .25MOA not anything else.

Not trying to answer for Greyfox, but that is correct from my perspective. I left at mine at the default of 1, which is 100%. If you input 1.10 that is basically 110%, etc. I have not done an actual like Greyfox did, just "assumed" .25MOA was .25MOA not anything else.

Me too for assuming. Guess those days are over.:)

Think I'm going with CE bullets for the 375. Hell may as well spend as much shootin' as was spend buildin'. :rolleyes:

Next thing to digest is the wind affect from that other mind boggling thread.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.