Shooter Ballistic Software Question

SHRTSHTR

I am trying to figure out how to properly use the atmosphere option of Shooter program. When I turn on the atmosphere it gives me elevation and baro but it does not give me absolute station pressure. If I want 0 elevation and station pressure, I have to manually enter them. I'm sure that I am doing something wrong but thought I would ask here first.

I also do not know which gps app. it is getting info from. Is there a way to get absolute station pressure other than manually inputting from another source? Are there any other app's I should be using with my droid Razr and shooter program? Thanks for looking.

I think you are looking for the options in the setup menu before you go to your load data for the atmosphere options.

Sean has the main link here:
Shooter - Ballistics Calculator for iOS and Android

The Op Manual here:
Operation Manual for Shooter

I usually use the auto update feature from my GPS or I look it up before in the field and load it ahead of time. I verify it in the field with my watch and/or a Garmin unit.

As for the GPS app when you go into your phones settings you should be able to turn on stand alone GPS, Google, or your carriers. I turn them all on, but Shooter will be looking for the data from the standalone GPS. "How do I know this?" if it is off the app won't update with current info.

Oh one more option... Sean seems to responds to email in 24-48 hours from my experience.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.