SFP disadvantage?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by desertbull, Dec 26, 2012.

1. desertbull

desertbull Well-Known Member

Are SFP scopes really a disadvantage if you are not using your scope to range?

I know.....use the search and read all of the many discussions on SFP vs FFP.

I have read many of the threads on this forum and others, but they usually focus on scope ranging and how much easier it is with a FFP scope.

I have a good range finder. I don't need to range with the reticle.

I found a good deal on a Vortex PST SFP scope but don't want to spend the $$$ if it is going to be a big head ache.

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Well, I have no use for the FFP. But you will hear otherwise from others. I only hunt with SFP's and the freezer is full.

Jeff

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012

3. emn83

emn83 Well-Known Member

For me it's no headache at all. The vortex scopes are great

4. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

I don't like being hobbled by ffp optics, sfp gives me more flexibility across the board!!

5. toddc

toddc Well-Known Member

Just different is all. I like both. Nice thing about a 2nd is the sight it in on low power near the center crosshair and then have it on for LR at high power. Also Im not a big fan of the reticle disappearing on FFPs but if the power is halfway you still hit which is nice. Either one will work like a champ if you set it up and use it properly.

6. sscoyote

sscoyote Well-Known Member

I use both for rangefinding and downrange zeroing and really have no preference.

7. marinetowgunner

marinetowgunner Well-Known Member

The multiplication factor is written on the opposite side of the magnification on the pst series SPF scopes....... So I don't see any disadvantage.

Vortex PST rifle scopes

8. desertbull

desertbull Well-Known Member

Thanks Guys

My new scope is on the way

6-24x50 PST EBR-1

$699 to the door