Setting Cartridge Length for 162gr Amax

walters900

Hello everyone,

I am getting ready to hand load some 162gr Amax bullets and was curious how touchy the were about bullet seating. Does this bullet need to be in the lands or off and if off the lands, by how much? Thanks.

if more detail needed, calibre is 7mm Rem Mag and I'll be experimenting with about 4 different types of powders, RL 19, 22, 23, & 25.

In my 280AI I shot those around 15-20 thousands off the lands (I'll have to look in my notes) and RL23 over Fed215 primers was/is the ticket!!! A-Max bullets are hard to beat, wish they made them in a 180-85 grain .284 bullet. Good luck.

I never found them real fussy in my 308. Loaded them to mag length, walked the powder charge up to 44gr and after a 1k of them still shooting the same load...eld m now but same thing

In my 280AI I shot those around 15-20 thousands off the lands (I'll have to look in my notes) and RL23 over Fed215 primers was/is the ticket!!! A-Max bullets are hard to beat, wish they made them in a 180-85 grain .284 bullet. Good luck.
Thanks

Didn't seem to be sensitive to seating depth in my .308. Just loaded them to mag length and put 44 gr. of varget behind them and they shot into the .2s

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.