Sendero vs. Browning m-1000 Eclipse

Dooner

Greetings All- I'm new to this forum. I grew up shooting and handloading for a 30-06 Springfield that I sporterized my self with the help of my Dad. I learned about glass bedding and floating barrels, etc. To make a long story short, I've been out of shooting high powered rifles for a long time, devoting most of my time to bowhunting.

I'm interested in getting back into it again, with the focus on developing skills for long distance shooting & hunting. The main game I'd like to target are predators, and I' love to do my part on the wolves, and help out the elk heards:)

The thing is, I don't want to consider reloading at this time. I'm interested in the 270wsm in the m1000 Eclipse with a Boss. I'm also considering the Sendero in a 7mm Rem Mag. The Boss intrigues me in that it is supposed to allow you to tune the gun to factory ammunition.

With the consideration of not wanting to reload, which rig do you think is best for me to get started?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I'm new to this. What's the best that I can expect my groups to be on the bench with the Sendero shooting a factory load?

I would suggest the Sendero. Shooting factory ammo, look at the 300 win. Vast selection of ammo, including match quality.

Thanks for the replies. I'm new to this. What's the best that I can expect my groups to be on the bench with the Sendero shooting a factory load?

Bed the action, tune the trigger, and shoot ammo until you find some that works for your rifle. Some of them shoot superbly.

I went with the sendero in .300 win mag because of the upgrade options (like some have already stated), and because I love the 700 action. I completed my barrel break in with cheap federal premium factory ammo and was getting close to moa. I now shoot bergers over h1000 and couldn't be happier.

This has all been posted but since I have done several of these I will agre with the good advice.

Sendero
300 Win
210 Berger and H-1000
Bed the action , float the tube and tune the trigger or install a timney
I also like the JP brake for reduced recoil and self spotting of shots.

You will be pleased.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.