bdl vs sendero

dancoman

What's the main pros and cons between the two. Both with 26" barrels. Can I get the same or close to equal performance out of the sporter barrel as the bull fluted.
This is basiclly for hunting and not a lot of bench shooting. Have a bdl now, but may have a chance to trade for a sendero.This is in the 300rum. I have a sendero in the 7rum and really like.

thanks,DM

the only differance is the barrel and the stocks the action is all the same and I'm pretty sure that the barrels are made to the same tolerances .

I have three 300 RUMS, a savage (which Kirby added a Holland QD Break, trigger job, custom stock and 30" Lilja #8 pipe), a Sendero (which I planned to have Kirby customize, but it shot too well) and last month I picked up a new ADL for $400 total (including shipping and no tax (as I bought it on gunbroker.com)).

You don't differentiate the guns on performance (which should be very close), but by how well they shoot. The latest RUM is planned to have a Kirby/Lilja upgrade (7.5 twist, .308 Lilja and other upgrades), but only if it shoots over 1.25 MOA.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.