• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Semi custom 338 edge: McMillan, Brux

A question was asked how many brass. I just gathered the following specs & info for the update:

• 129 ct Nosler 300 RUM brass - if purchased new this would be > $500 of brass. Each piece has been annealed before or between firings and is now formed to fit this 338 edge chamber.
  • Redding Custom 338 Edge Die set (80924) - Sells for $220-$300

I believe you can ship loaded ammunition via the post office. I believe it just needs to be clearly marked as ordinance. I have handloaded for my brother and shipped him 300 RUM.

I have a 338 Edge on a Remington 700 and there were several modifications to the factory action. Was the Remington 700 action modified at all? Will the longer rounds feed from the box? Will it cycle the longer round? Was the extractor improved?

While you may be correct on the shipping. I believe there is a forum rule about selling hand loads.

There must've been some modifications to the action/extractor because it seems to cycle well with the longer loads.