• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Sell me your ACCURATE deer rifle

I have a new Savage 110 in .308 that will shoot 3 shot hole to hole groups , well under 1/2 at 100 yards . Its the model with the tactical McMillian stock and the Blueprinted action. All factory stock. Best to date 3 shots .162. Its incredible with the 115 Grn Berger FB Target bullets, and its 36 X Sightron Scope. If you don't mind taking a 'homely' Girl to the dance, get one of these. When I hunt deer ,its the Weatherby Mark V Ultralight ( in 270 Win) . No apologies. Slim, Light, Fast to mount ,and it kills deer very well.

Attachments

• IMG_1683.JPG
    IMG_1683.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1813 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1813 - Copy.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1699.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
You know Lenny, some times that homely girl turns into the sexiest thing you ever seen, aint nothin wrong with a savage

I just bought a maple stocked 7 MM magnum Model 70 Winchester. They are
being made by FN. It shoots 1/2 inch at 100 yds. with 3 shots right out of the
box.
Zeke

I have a Cooper 30-06 that was my fathers he is gone now and has set in my safe long enough. The rifle was to the range like 3 times maybe 20 rounds+/_ never got hunted with too old and medical issues at that point. under 2k and always interested trades send me a PM if interested

Just my opinion. I'm just saying what has been my experience.
I don't know why you quoted me and then talk about bullet performance? There was nothing in my post about that subject. I was simply commenting there is plenty of opportunity for shots under 300 yards "out West".

I don't know why you quoted me and then talk about bullet performance? There was nothing in my post about that subject. I was simply commenting there is plenty of opportunity for shots under 300 yards "out West".
My apologies-wasnt quoting you-just telling my experience with good deer cartridges at short range compared to long range-just enjoyable to get in on the conversation

You can believe that if wish but x-bolts do not compare with Coopers

I don't see where he tried to compare an Xbolt to a Cooper. He said an Xbolt is a 1/2 moa gun for around $1000 and you can spend the rest on a scope. I agree. I have two Xbolts at my house that are both 1/2 moa worthy. Drop the cash on a Cooper if that's what you want but there's cheaper 1/2 moa rifles out there.

Have a 338-06 custom build on a Saki AV action. .5moa or less with everything it shoots. Great caliber for any game. 1100.00

There is no deer that lives that requires a 1/2 moa rifle to kill.
perhaps not, but generally in my 50yr exp. only someone that thinks 3-4" groups at 100yds off a bench rest is " good/decent groups" would make a statement like that. The thing is, far more than not, I see & hear so many guys wanting 1/2 moa rifle to buy or even a 1 moa rifle to buy, when their actual shooting skills are barely able to put 5 rounds in a paper plate at 50yds. It.s **** nice to have a rifle that will drive nails at 100yds & actually have the shooting ability to do a precision rifle justice really is something to experience.