Seirra MK's OAL???

41mag

Seirra MK\'s OAL???

I know that this is going to be different in all rifles. However, my hunting bud has aquired a Sendero in 300 RUM and is looking to work up some long range loads. THe bullets he has picked up some 190, 200, and 220gr MK's. What he is looking for in particular, is some sort of average OAL or what some of you are seating off the lands to get your best groups.

He has limited time to spend doing any development due to work, so is trying to maximize what little of it he has. He has already settled in on using H-1000 for the powder and Federal cases.

Anyway, if you can shed any light on this at all he sure would appreciate all the help he can get.

Thanks,

Re: Seirra MK\'s OAL???

Mike,
I just loaded up some 220's using h1000, 91,92 grs. My magazine only allows me 3.686", these shot 1moa or so, so I loaded some to 3.75", .025 off the lands and they shot 1/2moa out of a stock rem 700 bdl. Hope this helps.

Thanks Rumshooter, thats exactly the kind of info he is looking for. Just a starting point to hopefully get something rolling pretty quick.

WE both work at the same place in two different areas. He hasn't had but a few weekends off all year for the most part, and this coming one will only be the second in 2 months. So we're going to try to cram all we can into what little time we will have. This will also have to be shared with a ton of other things that have to get done around his place.

Thanks again.

You might also want to check what the recommended off the lands distance is. I really don't know I just assumed the closer the better, and it worked. But I havent had much time to play with it other than that, so you may have much better luck at other depths. Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.