Searching my stash and found these...

WileyC

I was looking for a bag of new Starline 45-70 brass that I just cannot find but know it's here and I found these..... sometimes when you forget about buying something it's a great surprise years later.

BR4.jpeg

What year are those from? I don't remember ever seeing a CCI box like that.
Probably the 80s. Might be from the 70s. A friend of mine, who was the one that got me into loading, had terminal renal cancer and these were in a bunch of stuff that I bought from him just 2 weeks before he passed away. He began loading sometime in the 70s. The Lot# on each 100 pack is KO5EEB if anybody has the resources to convert that to manufacture date.

After web searching the Lot Code info for CCI products it appears that these primers are a lot newer than I thought. I didn't the calculations a couple of times based on the attached link and come up with October 5, 1999.

I would be interested to see your results (velocity & ES) when you load and shoot them. I have always wondered how much things will change as primers age.

I have some .223 loads worked up with 25 grains of Varget, 69gr SMKs and these primers in R-P brass. This load was quoted by several on here as being very accurate so I have it loaded. One day next week I'll get over to my range and try it. I may set up the chronograph just to see what the velocity is vs regular CCI SRP. Usually I wait until I have accuracy established before I check velocity.

Probably the 80s. Might be from the 70s. A friend of mine, who was the one that got me into loading, had terminal renal cancer and these were in a bunch of stuff that I bought from him just 2 weeks before he passed away. He began loading sometime in the 70s. The Lot# on each 100 pack is KO5EEB if anybody has the resources to convert that to manufacture date.
That makes those magic primers to be used for special occasions and remember your friend when you shoot them.