Searching for a long range scope for a 270

harrisjohn07

I am looking for a long range scope for my 270 win and the loads im going to be shooting imo will be lethal for deer at 800 yards ethicly. I am leaning towards a vortex hs lr 4-16x50 any reviews. 1/2 moa adj is a little iffy to me.

You could always go with the Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 with target turrets, and a Mil-Dot reticle.

Unless you want MOA reticle, in which case the Viper HS LR 6-24x50 would be a great choice.

If you have more money to spend than $1K, look into the Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 (or 5.5-22x56) with the MOAR reticle. Well worth the money.

A little after the fact but the Vortex HS LR will get a 270 loaded with good ammo out to a 1000 yards or so in one turn, has a functional zero stop which the Zeiss does not. If you combine the high speed turret with a Ballistic turret it's about as it gets for 800 yard shooting.

I have several of the vortex scopes and the hs lr is great. I was sceptical about the half moa at first but after thousands of rounds from 100-1700 yards I have found it works great.

great info so far and the hs lr is aroud 550$ at the best price I have found and that is about all I have to throw at it, sure would like a nightforce but that aint happening. I was looking at a nikon monarch but it has mixed reviews campared to vortex, and most other name brands seem to take a steep price jump for the same features as the HS LR.

The Zeiss Conquest might be higher priced, but the glass and lens coatings and crispness of the image is uncompared in the sub-$1200 category.

I have scopes ranging from $100-$1500, and to me, the best value for the money is the Zeiss Conquests, hands down.

Also, I went to school with a John Harris that graduated around 06-07...By coincidence, you don't happen to be from central Alabama, do you?

to mudrunner I graduated in 06 and am from northeast MS, we probably have crossed pathes somewhere and I have decided to go with the Zeiss that is a good deal

Different John Harris, but it is a funny coincidence since my buddy did graduate the same year with the same name. LOL

You can't go wrong if it says "ZEISS" on it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.