Scopes W/internal bubble levels????

Litehiker

So far I know of only two scopes with internal bubble levels - SIG and Kronus.

For tactical and long range scopes canting is the kiss of death. You may think you made a bad wind call but in fact you may have canted just a bit on that 800 yard shot.

For my Bushnell Elite 3.5 - 21 x 50 tactical scope on my Ruger Precision Rifle I use the large size Vortex bubble level, mounted close to the ocular end of my scope. This is for PRS and other long range competition but is a PITA for a hunting scope and could get broken in the field.

SO, let's ask manufacturers of our favorite long range scopes to incorporate internal bubble levels. I feel they are more important than the more costly reticle illumination devices now becoming popular. Maybe it will become The New Hotness for long range scopes. :cool:

Eric B.

I think US Optics had an option of an internal bubble level. I don't know if they still offer this.

Nick

The new Leupold VX-6HD line has internal leveling (not a bubble, but the reticle flashes if you are not level). I haven't seen it myself, just read about it, so corrections are welcome if I don't have that right.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.