scope trouble

j70070

hi everybody, I just bought a new scope in hopes of getting into long range shooting (1000+) i know this will take some time. anyway today bore sighted my rifle at 100 yards, then i took the elevation cap off to switch it to zero and found it was sitting a little high so i "spun" up to see how much moa was left, only to find that there was only 17.5moa left:mad:
so then i checked the chart and found that is only 850 yards. So what i want to know is is there something I can do or am I screwed.oh by the way the scope is the bushnell 5-15 tactical any input will help, thanks

20 MOA Base

Most run a 20 MOA base to help with the elevation. That would give you plenty..The only issue would being able to zero at a hundred. It will depend on how much MOA travel your scope has.

i have that same scope. they only have 40 moa. if you install a 20 moa scope rail this will allow you to have more adjustment. depending on what caliber you should reach 1000 yards.

Look at the Burris rings they have off sets that can go from 5 MOA
to about 20 so that you dont have to do away with the 100yrd zero.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts