Scope thoughts...

So I've been pretty set on picking up a Leupold Mark 5HD 3.6-18 for my Bergara Crest 7PRC (will become my primary rifle for elk and mule deer). I've looked at the scope in the store multiple times and loved it. The glass was super clear to me, turrets felt premium, and the scope just feels like a quality product. I've compared it in store to NF NX8 and Vortex LHT. I still gravitate towards the Mark 5. I don't love the weirdo 35mm ring size but figure a rail and some hawkins rings will be no problem.

However, there's certainly other options like Maven RS1.2 or 3.2. Does anyone have thoughts on Maven vs Leupold Mark 5? I occasionally see used Mavens pop up on here and other sites for good deals. The 3.2 seems like a great option.

I'm not a huge Luepold fan but that looks like it would be a decent scope. I'd suggest to buy what YOU want otherwise you'll end up still wanting it or you'll be cursing the one you go with if something goes wrong or there's something you don't like.
ARC makes nice 35mm rings

I'm not a huge Luepold fan but that looks like it would be a decent scope. I'd suggest to buy what YOU want otherwise you'll end up still wanting it or you'll be cursing the one you go with if something goes wrong or there's something you don't like.
ARC makes nice 35mm rings
I think the issue is I don't know what I want! It's hard with Maven because you can't see them in stores. I rely heavily on other people's reviews. Not much on the RS 3.2 but plenty of good reviews on the RS 1.2. I'm just curious how they stack up specifically with the Mark 5

So I've been pretty set on picking up a Leupold Mark 5HD 3.6-18 for my Bergara Crest 7PRC (will become my primary rifle for elk and mule deer). I've looked at the scope in the store multiple times and loved it. The glass was super clear to me, turrets felt premium, and the scope just feels like a quality product. I've compared it in store to NF NX8 and Vortex LHT. I still gravitate towards the Mark 5. I don't love the weirdo 35mm ring size but figure a rail and some hawkins rings will be no problem.

However, there's certainly other options like Maven RS1.2 or 3.2. Does anyone have thoughts on Maven vs Leupold Mark 5? I occasionally see used Mavens pop up on here and other sites for good deals. The 3.2 seems like a great option.

I had a problem with the compact scopes not fitting on a long action properly. I couldn't get the objective low enough without hitting the scope rail and still being able to get good cheek weld. All my compact scopes sit on short actions, just make sure you can get it mounted to where you like it.

If you're still weighing options against a MK5 then I recommend looking at Steiner T6 and H6 series also. German glass, built here. They don't seem to get much love around here but I love my T6. Excellent glass, tracking, and turrets.