Scope rings

Bryntowin

Trying to figure out which rings to get, do you really need the heavy tactical style rings? I have a 20 moa rail and was wondering if I could get away with something cheap and light like leupold pwr rings or burris signature rings, what do you guys think? I have a 7mm with a leupold vx6 4-18 scope

I think the PWR rings are great. I have them on a 300 RUM with absolutely no issues. The fit and finish on them are very good and I did not have to lap them.

Burris Signature rings are very good also. I use them on 3 rifles and one is a hunting weight 7RM. No issues staying zeroed. I like the offset inserts for scope alignment and adding a few MOA without having to install a rail. One issue though is the black steel ones will rust. They need to be painted. The SS one's no issues.

I've tried a bunch of them but Len sold me on the TPS TSRW rings several years ago which he sells through his LRH store and I'm now stuck on them.

For one thing they just work and for another they are self aligning so you don't have to lap them.

So far, so good on four different magnums and a couple of AR platform rifles as well.

Thanks for the comments, I just bought some tps aluminum rings. I liked the price, I got lows it looks like I might have gotten away with super lows. There super low is more like low anD there low is more like medium if anybody else is in the market take that into consideration.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.