Scope rings

I dunno about $50. but I highly recommend trying to get a one piece scope mount. That means it is highly likely the rings will be straight compared to a two ring set that depends totally upon how well the screw holes in the receiver are aligned.

But even a one piece mount from a high quality maker like La Rue they probably could benefit from hand lapping.

My best advice on scope rings is above but also try to buy the highest quality scope rings you can afford so you have much less chance to torque your scope tube out of line, creating stresses internally on its finely tuned "innards". You won't see this torqueing but it will happen with misaligned rings.

Eric B.

Does anybody have suggestions on a set of scope rings $50 or under. They will be for a picatinny rail no MOA cant 1 inch tube. It'll be going on my 783 6.5 Creedmoor.
Try Millet Angle-lock Rings. They work well and are adjustable for windage. They cost around 30 dollars. I have them on .300 win mags and on .35 Whelens.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.