Scope recommendation?

This or the Meopta Optika 6 3-18x50 are surely your answers. Be careful as they may drive you to sell that SFP Leupold!
Ill Agree they are actually pretty good for the price. you can find them for 500 on sport optics with a code. For a below 1000 dollars they are some of the best.

This is all from another thread, Dont work for them just really impressed with the scope for $360 on sale price. I believe they are about $460 normally.

Day at the range in blazing heat, 3 shooters with 3 new arken sh4 gen2s. 100 to 600 yards. All scopes tracking better than shooters, perfect as far I could tell. Turrets all set to 0 and stop as advertised. Very easy. The negatives if you consider it that way would be illuminated reticle not bright enough for day time use, and 2 of the scopes the parallax did not match the actual yardage. The reticle issue important for black background targets and could be weak battery. Parallax issue is none issue to me, far sighted and cant see them anyway. Turret #s are large enough to see. My recommendation would be this is a really good bench scope (p dog scope) and maybe a long range hunting scope, have no experience with the latter. My hunting style in the woods of Georgia requires compact and lightweight.
The arken scope functioned very well at the range today. Tracking very good, bright sunny day scope glass very clear, noticed a minor complaint, cross hairs and dot a little coarse at 1000. But all together this is one heck of a scope and dead zero in Tennessee is one heck of a range. I know it's a 3 shot group but I figured why shoot anymore and goof it up, I got the 1000 yard sticker.

Attachments

• thumbnail (473x1024).jpg
    thumbnail (473x1024).jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 4

I have a vx5 and I have a few burris veracity's. If you call Burris they will send you out an exposed turret for elevation. I think glass is right on par with the VX-5. I've had an arken as well and they are pretty good but they are huge and heavy, it will feel like you strapped a spotting scope on top of your rifle compared to a vx5.

Here's a veracity for $434.49 and a picture of the same scope with the exposed turret from burris.

Attachments

• IMG_1633.jpg
    IMG_1633.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 30
Burris 3-15 x44 HD dial up turret, zero stop, E3 reticle light up tiny cross in center . very nice glass. I have three of the Leupold VX5HDZL2 firedot . so I can compare the two. And I'm very pleased with the Burris.
I have the VX5HD also. Iv seen through the Burris you mentioned. I liked it a lot!!! If I go a little cheaper for a scope this is the one for me. JMHO

Any of the less expensive Leupold scopes would be better than vortex anyday in my opinion (not a vortex guy they look yellow in my eye) the Vx-5 is heard to beat look at the vx3 line those are hard to beat and don't cost as much. Good luck

Any of the less expensive Leupold scopes would be better than vortex anyday in my opinion (not a vortex guy they look yellow in my eye) the Vx-5 is heard to beat look at the vx3 line those are hard to beat and don't cost as much. Good luck
That(sorry, I never finished my thought)

You may find this post funny….Leupold has always tended towards the yellow end of the spectrum to my eye. Vortex seems more green-blue to my eye.

That said, I find the VX5's to be appealing with the VX3i not far behind. I haven't looked through enough tagged VX3HD and VX5HD. Are they just letters, or are the optics better?

Leupold is a solid American company with good enough products.

Vortex has really gotten my attention with the PST Gen2 3-15x and 5-25x. These are getting a bit dated though. I spent my last money on a Tract Toric 4-20x and am loving it, but too heavy!

Sorry, I'm way off topic now.

Last edited:
The HD in leupold is for what they say is high dispersion glass. Blocks out glare ,ect,ect. Don't know how it works but I tanked all other scopes I owned and went to the VX5 HD model. Love the firedot Reticle. Now they are only used for hunting. Don't do the tactical stuff. Their turrets are top notch. Warranty is outstanding. Even when you admit its you're fault. They fix it. Wife knocked one of my rifles off the kitchen table where it set on a bipod. It hit the hard chair, did a flip and then hit the tile floor. Bent the rear eye piece. Had it back in two weeks. Yep, I'm a supporter for life. You see another scope company toss their scopes around, throw them on the floor etc. Add a eight pound rifle to it and redo that.

Last edited:
Hoping you guys can help with a scope recommendation as I have never been that much into optics. Have a VX5HD 3-15 X 44 on a Fierce 300WM which is probably my best scope and I like it a lot. Now I am setting up a Tikka 7mm Mag and am wondering if anyone can recommend a similar but maybe more inexpensive option than the VX5. I would like to have 30mm tube, exposed turrets and zero stop. Perhaps something in the Vortex line would be good but I am not familiar with their products. Does anyone have any recommendations? Would like to spend less than $600
10X SWFA Mil/Mil

The HD in leupold is for what they say is high dispersion glass. Blocks out glare ,ect,ect. Don't know how it works but I tanked all other scopes I owned and went to the VX5 HD model. Love the firedot. Reticle. Now they are only used for hunting. Don't do the tactical stuff. Their turrets are top notch. Warranty is outstanding. Even when you admit its you're fault. They fix it. Wife knocked one of my rifles off the kitchen table where it set on a bipod. It hit the hard chair, did a flip and then hit the tile floor. Bent the rear eye piece. Had it back in two weeks. Yep, I'm a supporter for life.
Never had anything but good out of my Leupolds. I really like the VX5HD 3-15 HTMR CDS. It is about the perfect scope for LRH.