Scope question

Gurn

I would like ta get into target shooting for fun not competition. I have a 270 WSM and the shooting would between 100-600 yds. I bought this scope but can return it as long as I don't mount it.
What do yall think about this one. A keeper or send it back it is at the top of not if not over my price limit.

XTR II

Burris XTR II is a great scope. They have been getting a lot of very favorable reviews and seem to be one of the best values in their price point.

Thanks fellas. I set it on some sand bags today to try and figure it out. I think theres way to much thinkin involved for me. I also don't understand the knobs. I thought the rear most one was just for retical focus but it acts like a focus for the whole scope picture. The dial on the side that I thought was for paralex also acts some what like a focus but not as much as I thought it would. I was looking a a object 100yds away but inorder to get rid of the paralex I had to turn the knob to 200yds. Man I'm cannfused!! The retical is crazy it's kinds too much clutter in there than what I'm used to. I'm told with this type of scope you can judge distance but I aint gotta ah clue how to. Ok this kinda sounds like a bad review but it's really just a bad review of my lack of understanding.
Sorry bout the bad speelin but I aint shamed of hit. Ha!

Gurn, that's a great scope. Perhaps you could join a shooting club/range and ask some members to explain the operation of your scope. I'm guessing you will enjoy the scope after acquiring the knowledge to use it. Good luck

Dosh, thanks for your opinion. I might try and do that this weekend if I can find someone that knows about such things at the range. Oh BTW...I like Weatherbys to. I know a few times we, my brother and me, would be at the range and some old boy would pull out a real fine fancy one. The thing that made if funny was, a few had what look ta be a $89 Tasco scopes on em!! My brother, God rest his soul, had a saying, "your scope should cost at the least 1/2 the price of your gun." Anyhow we would get a good grin of how that cheap scope looked on that fine gun. Now I think I'm in the reverse situation. Someone that's into comp shooting sees that Burris on top of my buggy whip barrel Savage would probably get a good grin. It even looks kinda funny ta me. Guess that's what I get back for laughing at the Weatherby Tasco fellers. HA !!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts