scope part

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by screech, Jan 16, 2006.

  1. screech

    screech Well-Known Member

    Nov 26, 2005
    Hey guys, I have a question on a part of the scope. What are the turrets called that have little dash marks on them that you can see when you adjust up and down. Like the mark 4's have and the Night force nxs have. I always called them target turrets but I dont know if that is the correct term. I hope this question makes sense
  2. abinok

    abinok Writers Guild

    Nov 25, 2004
    Youre pretty much right.
    The most widely accepted idea of "target turrets" would go something like... "taller than normal, finger adjustable without tools, marked in moa, or fractionally marked in moa"
    There are some that fall outside that description of course, but that pretty well does it.